Welcome to the Neptune Swim Club Website
We are a club based in Dunedin, New Zealand, with weekly sessions at the Moana Pool, and our competitive swimmers are given the chance to participate in regular competitions and events all around NZ and even the world. Feel free to browse the site for more information, or contact us with any comments or inquiries.
For any enquires regarding membership please contact Kay Alexander 03 4553008 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Queen's Birthday Meet
Neptune Swim Club will hold it's 30th Annual Queen's Birthday Carnival, 31 May to 2 June 2013 at Moana Pool. As in the past, the meet will offer an outstanding level of competition with teams and swimmers representing clubs from throughout NZ and Australia. Click here for full details.
SNZ Regional Age Group Development Camp
The SNZ Regional Age Group Development Camp is being held in Timaru 17 – 19 May.
Congratulations to George Gray, Mila Jojic, Nick Pryde, Cecilia Crooks, Courtland Ellis and Caitlin Deans who have been selected to attend. Well done swimmers!
State 2013 Division II Competition
Congratulations to Neptune swimmers Ben McMahon, Devon Familton, Grace Heather, Nathan Scott and Tanisha Keach who attended the State 2013 Division 11 Competition on the 21 - 24th April at Splash Palace Invercargil.
Neptune was placed 8th overall with all swimmers making finals in their events. Congratulations and well done – a great result for 5 swimmers.
Devon Familton – 13 years
- 5 Gold 100 Br, 50 Fly, 200 IM, 100 IM, 200 Br
- 1 Silver 200 Fr,
- 2 Bronze 50 Br, 100 Fr,
Ben McMahon – 14 years
- 4 Gold 200 Bk, 200 IM, 100 Bk, 50 Bk,
- 2 Silver 100 IM, 50 Fr.
- 1 Bronze 100 Fr,
Nathan Scott - 13 years
- 1 Silver 200 Fly
- 1 Bronze 100 Fly
Congratulations to the following Neptune swimmers:
Year 7 OW
Meg Sycamore - 2nd
Under 14 OW
Grace Heather - 7th
Devon Familton - 14th
Under 16 OW
Bailey Brandham - 3rd + 2nd Under 16 Triathlon team
Under 19 OW
Michael Gray - 1st + 6th Under 19 Triathlon team
Olivia Stevens - 3rd + 3rd Under 19 Triathlon Team
State New Zealand Open Championships - 17-22 March 2013
Neptune 3rd Club at NZ Open Championships!
Congratulations to the Neptune Team:
Kieran Applegarth, Rhys Applegarth, Kurt Crosland, Matthew Glassford, Kate Godfrey, Katie Kenneally, Adam Simpson, Jeremy Tasker and Nick Tyrrell who attended the NZ Open Champs in Auckland @ Westwave Aquatic Centre.
19.3.13 Godfrey books ticket
21.3.13 Crosland 0.27 sec outside Barcelona qualifying time
22.3.13 Crosland gets Otago Record
23.3.13 Bronze Medal important breakthrough for Glassford
14.3.13 Crosland Confident ahead of champs
Total = 10 Individual - 1 Gold, 5 Silver & 4 Bronze.
6 Relay - 3 Silver & 3 Bronze.
- Kate Godfrey - 1 Gold, 3 Silver & 1 Bronze
- Kurt Crosland - 2 Silver & 2 Bronze
- Matthew Glassford - 1 Bronze
- Neptune Mens Relay - 1 Silver, 2 Bronze.
- Otago Mens Relay - 2 Silver, 1 Bronze.
Total = 15 - Kurt Crosland 9, Kate Godfrey 4, Matthew Glassford 2.
Day 6: Great final nights racing from OSCA swimmers.
- Kurt Crosland - 5th 50 Fr in a new Otago record time of 23.82.
- Kate Godfrey - Silver 200 Bk in a new Otago record time of 2.15.46 and another
- University games qualifying time. Bronze 400IM in a time of 4.54.97
- Men’s club 4 x 100 Fr relay - Bronze to Nick Tyrrell, Adam Simpson, Rhys Applegarth and Kurt Crosland.
- Kurt Crosland - Silver 200 Bk in a new Otago record time of 2.00.12, having broken the record in the heats in a time of 2.02.87.
- Matthew Glassford - Bronze 200 Br also in a new Otago record time of 2.17.01.
- Men’s club 4 x 100 Medley relay - Silver for Kurt Crosland, Matthew Glassford, Jeremy Tasker and Nick Tyrrell.
- Kate Godfrey - Silver 50 Bk in a new Otago record time of 29.92
- Kurt Crosland - Bronze 50 Bk in a time of 26.19
- Bronze 200 IM in a new Otago record time of 2.04.43, breaking Danyon Loader's 1993 record of 2.05.71
- Men’s Club 4 x 200 Fr relay - Bronze for Neptune team of Rhys Applegarth, Jeremy Tasker, Nick Tyrrell & Adam Simpson.
Kurt Crosland - 5th 50 Br in a new Otago record time of 29.66
Men’s Otago 4 x 100 Fr relay - Bronze to Nick Tyrrell, Jeremy Tasker, Rhys Applegarth & Kurt Crosland.
Day 2: Another great days swimming from Neptune swimmers
- Kate Godfrey - Silver 100 Back in a time of 1.03.04 breaking the Otago record that Kate set in the morning in a time of 1.03.59. This swim was also another qualification time for the World University Games.
- Kurt Crosland - Silver 100 Back in a time of 55.07. In the heats Kurt had swum 54.70, a new Otago record and 0.27 secs off the World Champs qualifying time.
- Men’s Otago 4 x100 Medley relay - Silver to Kurt Crosland, Matthew Glassford, Jeremy Tasker & Nick Tyrrell.
Day 1: Great start to meet. Congratulations to
- Kate Godfrey - Gold 200 IM in a time of 2.17.87. Kate qualified for 2013 World University Games in Kazan, Russia.
- Kurt Crosland - 5th 50 Fly in a time of 25.22 in a new Otago record time. Kurt broke the Otago record in the heats in a time of 25.28 breaking the old record of 25.36.
- Matthew Glassford - 4th 100 Breast in a new Otago record time of 1.04.46, breaking the old record of 1.04.89
- Men’s Otago 4 x 200m Fr relay - Silver to Nick Tyrrell, Rhys Applegarth, Jeremy Tasker & Adam Simpson.
SNZ Pathway Swimmers
Congratulations to the following Neptune swimmers who have been named as currently on the pathway following NAGS.
- Thomas Heaton
- Andrew Trembath
- Jeremy Hopkins
- Aleisha Ruske
ODT Article - 13.3.13 Surf Lifesaving: Trembath named MVP at Nationals
Congratulations Andrew on being named MVP at Surf Nationals. As well as this Andrew and Jessie Schneiders have been named in the NZ Development squad.
Congratulations also to Neptune swimmers Adam Simpson, Jamie Mowat, Jessie, Lulu Schneiders and Bailey Brandham for their medals and placing’s at Nationals.
New Zealand Age Group Championships - Feb 26 -March 2 2013.
1.3.13 Triple treat for young Otago swimmer at national champs
Total Medals and Otago Records
- Jeremy Hopkins - Total medals = 8 Individual Gold, 2 Relay Bronze + 1 Otago Record
- Aleisha Ruske - Total medals = 1 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Han Zhang -Total individual medals = 1 Silver, 2 Bronze medals,2 Relay bronze + 3 Otago Records
- Thomas Heaton - Total individual medals = 1 Gold, 1 Silver
- Andrew Trembath- Total individual medals = 1 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze + 1 Relay bronze
- Otago Records - 4 Otago records
Neptune Swimmers - Tegan Duncan, Alice Moran, Jessie Schneiders, Lulu Schneiders, Saskia Turner, Bailey Brandham, Benjamin Gray, George Gray, Michael Gray, Jeremy Hopkins, Jamie Mowat, Robert Murray, Ronald Poon, Aleisha Ruske, Andrew Trembath, Greagh Williams, Han Zhang, attending NAGS in Wellington @ the Regional Aquatic Centre.
2013 NZ Juniors - Central / South
Good luck to all Neptune swimmers attending NZ Juniors this weekend!
Congratulations to Harriet Cottle, Cecilia Crooks, Meg Sycamore, Kou Kitahara and Max Wolf for qualifying for 2013 New Zealand Junior Champs which will be held in Wellington on 16-17 February.
ODT Article - 30.1.13: Four swimmers stand out
Otago Championships - 22-26 January 2013
23.1.13 - Glassford digs in to win 1500
25.1.13 - Hard training pays dividends
28.1.13 - Memory of coaching pays off
Congratulations to Aleisha Ruske for breaking the 50 back Otago Age 14-15 Record in a time of 31.71 and also to Nicole Ruske for breaking the 50 Back Otago age 12-13 record in a time of 32.10.
ODT Article - 14.12.12 Godfrey goes under university games time
Auckland Age Group Champs - 7-9th December 2012, West Auckland Aquatics
Sunday 9th December
Otago Records set today:
- Kurt Crosland - 50 Free, broke his old record of 24.00 in a new time of 23.98
Saturday 8th December
4 more Otago records today. Congratulations to the following:
- Matthew Glassford - 200 Breast, broke his old 2009 record of 2.17.10 in a new time of 2.17.05
- Han Zhang - 200 Breast, broke Matthew Dodds 1997 record of 2.33.19 in a new time of 2.33.00
- Kate Godfrey - 200 Back, broke her old record of 2.18.09 in a new time of 2.16.59.
- Kurt Crosland - 50 Fly, broke Danyon Loader's 1993 record of 25.51 in a new time of 25.36.
Friday 7th December
Some great swimming today from Neptune swimmers in Auckland. 5 Otago records broken.
- Kate Godfrey - 100 Back, Broke her old time of 1.4.88 in a the heats in 1.3.82 and again in the finals 1.3.70
- Kurt Crosland - 100 Breast. Broke the old time of 1.5.10 in a new time of 1.4.89
- 50 Back, old time of 25.96 in a new time of 25.89
- Han Zhang - 100 Breast, broke Craig Ford's 1989 record of 1.10.60 in a new time of 1.10.49
NZ SC Champs - 30th September - 4th October 2012
ODT Article- Godfrey supreme at champs 6.10.12
Final results: 18 Gold, 17 Silver, 10 Bronze and 26 Otago records plus Neptune 4th overall
- Kurt Crosland: 3 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze & 10 Otago records
- Andrew Trembath: 4 Gold, 3 silver, 3 Bronze & 9 Otago records
- Kate Godfrey: 4 Gold, 4 silver, 4 Bronze & 6 Otago records
- Katie Kenneally:1 Gold, 1 Silver & 1 Otago record
- Han Zhang: 4 Gold, 2 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Jeremy Hopkins: 2 Gold, 5 Silver
- Neptune: 1 Silver & 1 Bronze in the 13-15 club medley & free relays
Otago: 1 Silver in the 16 & over regional medley relay and 1 bronze in the 13-15 regional medley relay.
1 Gold, 3 Silver,1 Bronze and 3 more Otago records.
- Andrew Trembath - Gold in the 15 year 200 Back in a time of 2.03.92
- Jeremy Hopkins - Silver in the 14 year 200 Back in a time of 2.10.95
- Katie Kenneally - Silver in the Open 100 breast in a time of 1.09.50
- Kurt Crosland - Silver in the Open 200 back in a new Otago record time of 1.55.42 after breaking the record in the heats in 1.57.49
- Kate Godfrey - Bronze in the 17 &18 200 fr in a time of 2.03.02 and then breaking Anna wilson's 1993 Open Otago record of 2.02.41 in a new time of 2.01.36.
7 Gold, 1 Silver, 4 Bronze, 1 Silver & 1 Bronze regional relay medals and 10 more Otago records
- Kate Godfrey - 2 Gold medals in the 17&18 year (2.16.16) and Open 200 IM (2.14.32).1 Bronze in the 17&18 100 Fly breaking Liz Van Welie's 2001 Otago record of 1.02.32 in a new time of 1.01.94 and again this evening 1.01.39. 1 Bronze in the 50 back again in a new Otago record time of 29.36 and again this evening in 29.08.
- Kurt Crosland - 2 Gold medals in the Open 50 Back, breaking his record set last evening in a new time of 24.20 & also the Open 100IM breaking the Otago record this morning in 55.42 & this evening 54.68.
- Andrew Trembath - 1 Gold medal in the 15 year 50 Back& 1 Bronze medal in the 50 Breast. Andrew also broke the Otago 14-15 year record in the 100 IM in a new time of 59.51.
- Han Zhang - 2 Gold medals in the 14 year 100IM & 50 Breast.
- Jeremy Hopkins - 1 Silver medal in the 14 year 100 free in a time of 54.01
- Andrew, Han, Jeremy and Ronald also won a Bronze medal in the Mens 13-15 200 Medley Regional relay. Andrew tonight went faster than last night again breaking the 50 back Otago age record in a new time of 26.62.
- Kurt, Chris Dickie (Waves) Andrew McMillan and Nick Tyrrell won Silver in the Mens 16 & over 200 Medley Regional relay.
ODT Article - Godfrey best of Otago competitors at nationals 3.10.12
5 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze, 1 club relay Bronze and 11 Otago Records!
- Andrew Trembath - 2 Gold medals in 15 year old 200IM breaking the Otago age record this morning in 2.06.16 and again this eveing in 2.05.97 & 50 Fly in new Otago record time of 25.96. 1 Silver in 200 Br and Otago record time of 2.22.53
- Kurt Crosland - 1 Gold in 200IM breaking Danyon Loaders 1998 Otago record of 2.00.89 in a new time of 2.00.82 and then again this evening in new time of 1.58.68. Kurt also won bronze in the open 50 Fly and broke Danyon's 1993 Otago record of 24.64 in a new time of 24.55
- Han Zhang - 1 Gold in 14 year 200 Br in time of 2.24.66 & 1 Silver in 200 IM.
- Jeremy Hopkins - 1 Gold in 14 year 200 IM
- Kate Godfrey - 2 Silver in 17&18 year 200 Back and also in Open 200 Back. Kate broke the Open Otago record in a new time of 2.10.16
- Katie Kenneally broke Anna Wilson's 1995 100 IM Otago Open record of 1.04.12 in a new time of 1.03.65.
- Andrew, Han, Jeremy and Ronald Poon won Silver in the Mens 13-15 200 Medley club relay. Andrew broke the 50 back record in a new time of 26.75.
- Kurt also was lead swimmer in the senior relay and broke the Otago Open 50 back record in a new time of 24.23
2 Gold, 3 Silver & 2 Bronze plus another 5 Otago records - another great day for Neptune swimmers.
- Jeremy Hopkins - 1 Gold in 14 year male 400IM, 1 Silver in the 14 year male 50 free
- Katie Kenneally - 1 Gold in the female Open 200 Breast in a time of 2.29.10.
- Han Zhang - 1 Silver in the 14 year male 400 IM
- Andrew Trembath - 1 Silver in the 15 year male 400 IM breaking the Otago record in the morning by 3 seconds in a time of 4.33.25 and then breaking it again this evening, taking another 3 seconds off the time in 4.30.00. Andrew also broke the Otago 15 year male 50 free record in a new time of 24.51
- Kurt Crosland - 1 Bronze in the male Open 50 free. Kurt broke Zane Kubula's 1994 Otago record of 23.35 in the heats in a new time of 23.12 and again this evening in 22.90
- Kate Godfrey - 1 Bronze in the 17 & 18 year female 200 breast.
Day 1: What a great start to the meet for Neptune swimmers.
3 Gold, 6 Silver, 3 Bronze plus a relay bronze for the Men’s 13-15 200 Free club relay, as well as 7 Otago records on day 1 is an excellent effort. Congratulations to you all.
- Han Zhang - 1 Gold medal in the 14 year male 100 Breast breaking the 14-15 year Otago record in a new time of 1.06.75. 1 Bronze in the 14 year 100 Fly (1.01.62).
- Jeremy Hopkins - 2 Silver medals in the 14 year 200 Free(1.57.94) and 100 Back (1.00.67)
- Andrew Trembath - 1 Silver in the 15 year 100 Back breaking the 14-15 year Otago record in a new time of 56.83. 2 bronze medals and 2 more Otago records in 100 Breast (1.06.06) & 100 Fly (57.78)
- Kate Godfrey - 2 Gold medals in the 17 &18 year and Open 400 IM in a time of 4.43.88 & 4.43.80. 2 Silver medals in 17&18 year and Open 100 Back in a new Otago Open record time of 1.01.22
- Kurt Crosland - 1 Silver medal in the Open 100 back in a new Otago open record in the heats of 52.96 and the finals 52.50 narrowly missing the World Champs qualifying time by 0.04seconds.
Neptune Team: Sam Armstrong, Bailey Brandham, Matthew Glassford, Kurt Crosland, Tegan Duncan, Kate Godfrey, Michael Gray, Jeremy Hopkins, Katie Kenneally, Ben McMahon, Alice Moran, Nick Tyrrell, Ben Gray, Robert Murray, Ronald Poon, Jessie Schneiders, Lulu Schneiders, Adam Simpson, Andrew Trembath, Saskia Turner, Han Zhang.
South Island Champs - 31 August -2 September 2012
ODT Article - Otago gets among medals and records
Congratulations to all 27 Neptune swimmers who attended the South Island Championships in Timaru over the weekend.
Neptune won top South Island Club with 788 points with Aquagym coming second, 498 points & QE11 third with 386 points.
Neptune swimmers broke 14 Otago records & 16 South Island records.
Andrew Trembath - 7 Otago male 14-15 SC Records - 200 Breast 2.24.65, 100 Free 53.63, 100 Back 57.73, 50 Breast 30.35, 100 Fly 57.83. Andrew also broke Sam Carradus'1998 400 IM record of 4.40.16 in a new time 4.36.68. Following this he broke Jonathon Duncan's 1997 200 IM record of 2.12.97 in a new time of 2.07.14. Andrew broke 8 South Island
Records: 400IM ,50 back,100 back,200 Bk (2.03.67), 100 Fly, 200 IM, 50 Free(24.60),50 breast.
Kurt Crosland - 5 Otago Open SC Records - 50 back 25.42, 100 back 53.63, 200 back 1.59.27, 50 breast 29.11, 100 IM 55.96. plus 5 South Island records - 100 IM, 200 Back, 50 breast, 100 back, 50 back.
Kate Godfrey - 2 Otago Open SC Records - 100 back 1.01.72 & 200 back 2.11.93 plus 3 South Island records - 400IM 4.44.64, 100 Fly 1.02.57 & 200 IM 2.16.03.
The Otago mens 16 & over 200 Medley relay team of Kurt Crosland, Matthew Glassford, Nick Tyrrell and Kieran Applegarth (Waves) broke the South Island relay record in a new time of 1.43.87. The team of Kurt, Matthew, Nick and Braden Doyle (Waves) broke the 400 medley SI record 3.46.12. Kurt, Nick, Braden and Rhys Applegarth (Waves) also broke the 400 free relay record in a new time of 3.35.09. This culminated in Otago winning the regional competition.
Neptune Queen's Birthday Sponsors
Neptune Swim Club would like to acknowledge the generous support of our Queen's Birthday Carnival major lane sponsors:
Neptune also would like to acknowledge the support of our race event sponsors:
Beaumont & Bridgemount Optometrists
James Crooks Building LTD
- Swim T3